What is new?
Microsoft Teams Meeting organisers can now create virtual breakout rooms to be used by meeting participants for smaller group discussions. Organisers can assign participants to a room and call them back to the larger group when the breakout is complete.
What can organisers do?
- Create breakout rooms in scheduled private meetings (including recurring) and private meet now meetings
- Manage and hop between rooms freely
- Setup breakout rooms during an active meeting
- Create up to 50 breakout rooms in a single meeting
- Add, rename, delete breakout rooms
- Reassign room participants from one room to another before as well as while the rooms are open
- Send an announcement that will show up as a meeting chat message in each room.
- Access to all meeting chats, files and recordings during and after the meeting
What can participants do?
- Join breakout rooms from web, desktop, iOS, iPads, Android mobiles and tablets
- Join the room as presenters, so they can present and share content such as a digital whiteboard freely
- Chat during the breakout session
- Access meeting chats, files and recordings during the meeting
What is Microsoft Teams?
Microsoft Teams is the digital teamwork hub for modern businesses, facilitating collaboration with workspace chat, audio and video conferencing, shared file storage and application integration. Teams is part of the Microsoft 365 family and is accessible via desktop, mobile and web devices.